<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 09, 2006

CHRISTIANITY & SECULAR HUMANISM

"Jesus is quoted as saying that his purpose was to give life more
abundantly, that is exactly what the death of prejudice and negative
stereotypes of minorities, women and homosexuals accomplishes. Mark and
Luke quote Jesus as saying: "If you are not against me you are for me."
Secular humanism is not my enemy. It is my ally in the struggle for
justice. Indeed I see secular humanism as the glow of Christianity that
remains when the interpreting myths of the past have been abandoned. It
is the bloom of the rose that remains long after the rose is severed
from its roots.

I see a bright future of cooperation - I hope you do too."


--John Shelby Spong

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?