<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 10, 2007

As Pinker and any "great" scientist recognizes: We have theories and those can be wrong. Science is a method, a cynicism or skepticism that demands we question even our own test results. Nothing is certain: not Newton, not Einstein, not even the Uncertainty Principle!
Why is religion a threat? Because most people of "faith" are too certain about things. I don't want certainty. I like science. I like thinking my research will be destroyed by better theories and then those will fall to even better ones. It's a process that never ends, while religion claims to be at the end of the questions: they "know" the answers and my questions are invalid if they challenge some silly poem or prose composed by a "prophet of God."
I like not knowing, never being sure. It means I can keep guessing.
- C. S. Wyatt

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?